Friday, November 27, 2015

MY FAVORITE DESSERT!NO IT'S NOT---!

 
     At Thanksgiving there is no other dessert that can replace pumpkin pie. None! It just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it. And, what was funny yesterday was that my favorite dessert all time was for my taking--cherry pie and vanilla ice cream. Didn't even touch it!

      Through the years, I have had desserts that I have had and still enjoy to this day, but, not quite up there. Some are pineapple upside down cake, cherry cheesecake, chocolate cake with white frosting, pecan pie, French Silk pie, Carrot Cake,and many more.

       Years ago, I used to go to the Village Inn in West Des Moines on a Sunday evening for a little dessert to top off the day. That place had a dessert menu that was the BEST! Every kind of dessert that you could imagine or ever want. They had it! Invariably I would sit and study that menu like I was preparing for a mid-term exam. By the time the waitress came back to take my order, it was always the same. "I'll take a slice of cherry pie with a scoop of ice-cream-oh, make that two scoops!"  If I was ever to go to Baskin Robbins with their 99 flavors of ice-cream,  I would probably end up ordering vanilla! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment