Thursday, November 26, 2015

LEARN HOW TO PACE!


       Around the Holiday's, it seems everyone is even in a bigger hurry than we already are. Rush, rush, rush! At the Burg Grocery, as employees, we are flying around trying to make our customers shopping experience as smooth and quick as possible. If there is a small back-log to the check-out lanes, a panic seems to set in. And, yet if you were shopping at the big stores in Iowa City a customer would be standing in line for several minutes.

       As you gets older, hopefully, you do get a little smarter and/or wiser. I have learned to pace myself better as I get older because partly I can't move as fast and tire much quicker.  It reminds me of the first time I played racket ball. I chased that little ball around to every wall and after the first game , I thought I was going to die. Slowly, I learned to wait for that little ball to come to me more. I learned how to pace!

      So many things in my life now I have learned from that lesson. Even tasks around the house, I have learned to spread out over the week. Yes, Life is not a sprint but is a marathon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment