Thursday, November 12, 2015

THE 3 STOOGES WAY OF CLEANING!


      This past week I cleaned windows for some folks who live just outside of Williamsburg. They have a rather large farming operation and maintain an office in one room in the main level of their home. Both husband and wife operate out of this office and as she admits that neither one of them are the neatest when it comes to the tops of the  huge U shaped desk in the room. When she makes the time to "clean" in the room she would have me come back and get to those windows.

       Of course, the whole episode reminded me of a story! One of the old "short" comedies of the Three Stooges started when they were a cleaning crew and had arrived at this office to clean. One scene had Curly's (yuk-yuk) job to start cleaning off the top of this desk. He had a big barrel and got out a leaf rake and proceeded to clear off everything on the desk with it. It was a funny bit!

        I don't think I insulted my customer with the story. At least I hope not. I just couldn't help passing along that one. Oh well. If you can't take a joke!

         

No comments:

Post a Comment