Saturday, November 14, 2015

TELLING YOUR STORY! part 3

continued.

      One of Laverty's earliest stories-- and one of his favorites-was about the basement of the house he grew up. "that was probably the first story I ever told, he said. "Because we grew up in a big farm home, where you had that furnace with the pipes that went up (and scary coal room.) I always thought there were monsters and all kinds of stuff down there." "I wish I had Stephen King's abilities I could come up with a best-seller, But, I like to write about things today too," he said.
       Laverty has also taught creative writing part time at Iowa Valley Community College of Marsjhalltown which also has a campus in Grinnell where he has taught along with many Clubs and Organizations in the area. His courses are directed particularly toward senior citizens, although a few younger people have taken these classes. He's also taugt at Highland Ridge in Williamsburg and the Williamsburg Public Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment