Monday, November 23, 2015

HOW BIG WAS THAT POPCORN?


      Sunday afternoon we drove to Corralville to catch a matinee  movie at the local multi-plex. We decided on the recent James Bond movie, Spectre, and it turned out to be quite enjoyable.

       We don't go to a movie as often anymore mainly a theater is not as close as when we lived in Marshalltown, somewhat the expense and it doesn't seem that many movies are that appealing any more. (Old Age!) 

       I suppose the admission price was not too bad at matinee time and with senior tickets. Even at $7.50 it seems they are pushing it a bit. The one that got me was the food! I asked what the best value on a popcorn and a drink would be? The large popcorn and largest beverage combo was something over $12.00. I went numb for a second! I asked how many ounces the largest popcorn "bucket." 170 ounces! Wow! There used to be just this standard big bucket. Now there is thisone that dwarfs it!

       It didn't matter. I just got the next size down combo and it was still about the same price. No use fighting city hall. While in Rome and all that! No matter, it still was around $26.00 total admission and refreshments. I am just glad that I don't have any other expensive bad habits!

        

No comments:

Post a Comment