Thursday, November 5, 2015

TOOTSIE POP A DAY OR HOW TO QUIT SMOKING!


     Someone at the Burg Grocery was talking about their struggle with trying to quit smoking. It reminded me how I quit smoking nearly twelve years ago. It was quite simple and inexpensive. It may not work for everyone,  but, for some reason it did for me.

        I had heard about this technique somewhere and decided to give it a try. I went around and bought up as many of the chocolate tootsie pops I could find. They are my favorite and especially when you get to the middle you have more chocolate! 

       Well, I made sure I had one of those in my mouth for the next three or four days until I was getting a little sick of them. By then the "bad stuff" was out of my system and then all I was fighting for a week or two was those times when that little jolt hit you to have "ONE." 

      Then it was just mind over matter and I just started to think about something else. It was like saying "BEGONE!" It worked for me and I have never had the urge to go back to that nasty nasty habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment