Thursday, November 5, 2015

IA HAWKEYES & TOILET SEAT SAVED ME!


      The other day a man came in to the Burg Grocery with this dark black and blue shiner on his one eye. It reminded me immediately why I always use caution when I am in the shower and especially as I have gotten a little older and hearing stories about Seniors falling while bathing!

       It was in the 1980's and I was just finishing up with my shower and somehow slipped and was falling head first toward the nearby toilet. Fortunately, I had installed a padded Iowa Hawkeye toilet seat just a few weeks prior to this mishap. I still had a black and blue beauty on my left eye, but, it could have ended a lot worse!

       Shortly after that we had gone to New Orleans and had a picture taken coming off the Natchez River Boat and one of those deals where they shoot your picture prior to boarding. I put that picture out for a long time as a reminder to be always  careful in the old bathroom. Still, to this day, I always hang on to something before getting out of the shower! 

No comments:

Post a Comment