Thursday, November 26, 2015

OR DEE OR'S!/OR APPETIZERS!


      Someone the other day purchased an appetizer tray that the Burg Grocery makes up for the holiday's. It's the typical one of carrot sticks celery, and  etc. I mentioned to the customer that since I have gotten older and can't eat as much especially at a big meal like Thanksgiving, I don't even try to eat appetizer stuff, but, save myself for the main event. And, even then I have to pick and choose what morsels I will indulge. No more back for seconds like years gone by. Maybe a little pickled herring or a few Greek olives-- just a few!

       It also reminded me of my mother at special meals. She never could pronounce horderves right! She did pronounce it like the actual spelling--hors d' oeuvres. It was always OR-DEE-ORS! Some thought she was just yanking our chain but just never could  pronounce it right. It was cute! But on the other hand, it took me a long time to pronounce Puerto Vallarta, Mexico! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment