Sunday, January 3, 2016

THOSE LEISURE SUITS!


      I don't know how it came up the other day,  but, the subject matter was Leisure Suits. Remember those polyester two piece suits that were popular back in the mid to late 1970's. And, of course you wore a silky bright, printed, and big open collar shirt.  Great if you thought you were John Travolta. 

      My experience with one was very short lived. Something compelled me to buy one after my divorce in the mid 1970's. It was a powder blue. The first time I wore it was to Jessie's Ember's which was one of my drinking buddies favorite hang-outs after work.

       That suit was a big mistake. I got, without saying, almost laughed out of the place by my pals.  Of course, most of that crowd dressed like Wall Street Banker's. A very conservative bunch to say the least. Never wore it again. Never!  I still liked Disco music though!

No comments:

Post a Comment