Saturday, January 16, 2016

MY MOM'S--"THE SALAD!"


       As a guy, I am grateful that I can and do enjoy cooking. Being on m own, once again, it is one of those things that I don't have to depend on someone else or have to look forward to eating cereal or egg sandwiches every other day. Also, it gets a little expensive eating out although, I don't have a problem with saying "table for one!" I feel sorry for these poor men who have lost their wife and don't hardly know how to turn on the stove or micro-wave. 

      The other day, just for S&G, I got out an old recipe that my mother always made around or at Christmas.  She usually just called it "the salad or red salad."  I hadn't made it for a while and it just sounded like it was DUE! I am sure everyone has made it and I think a long time ago I put it on my Blog. It consists of lime jello, Dream Whip, cream cheese, crushed pineapple, Miracle  Whip, and topped off with cherry jello. If you don't have it I will post tomorrow.

      It is a great feeling to be able to re-create something from the past that you enjoyed and enjoy it once more! Again, it's the little things!

       

No comments:

Post a Comment