Sunday, January 10, 2016

PURCHASING A WINDOW TRAY FROM KIM"S IN M-TOWN!


       Back in the late 1990's, while in the process of moving to Marshalltown, I met the guy that actually owned this particular storage unit place and he also owned the restaurant on north 3rd Avenue called Uncle Jack's Tacos and formally Kim's many years ago. 

      In talking to him about this and that(like I can do) I learned that he was in the process of selling all the car hop window trays that were formally used at Kim's. He was taking them to Des Moines and selling them at some place down there for $20 a piece. I asked him why he wasn't trying to sell them right here in Marshalltown where people like myself would buy one for the memory!

      I was never sure where he ended up selling them, but, when he mentioned the price I quickly got out my wallet and handed him  $20 bucks! I always have been a sucker for memorabilia!  

No comments:

Post a Comment