Saturday, January 9, 2016

AIRPLANE! THE MOVIES BEST PART!


       While listening to the piped in music at the Burg Grocery the other day I was reminded of one of my favorite comedy movies of all time--Airplane! Surely you jest, but, just don't call me Shirley! I have seen that flick at least 10 times and never tire of it. 

      One of my favorite scenes is when the old seafaring character, in this sleazy joint down on the wharf, plays a tune on the jukebox. It's Staying Alive by the Bee Gee's. As this old guy goes out on the dance floor he is stabbed in the back and the knife remains there. As the music is playing he is trying to reach back with one hand and remove the knife to no avail! 

       Other people out on the dance floor are all doing their thing and just think he is doing some kind of new dance move to the music. To me it was classic.Along with the two  girl scouts fighting in the bar! I know! It doesn't take much to keep me entertained.    

No comments:

Post a Comment