Tuesday, January 26, 2016

REMEMBER THOSE AFRICAN VIOLETS?


       We just received a shipment of small starter plants at work. A few are African Violets. I don't know about you, but, I can still see the fairly large collection of those plants that my mother had. I am not sure if she talked and petted them on a daily basis, but, they always did extremely well.

       One key for a lot of her in house plants was keeping them out of direct sun light. She had a group of them that actually faced a north window in their Melbourne home. Even when she had them at my step-dad's farm home south of Van Cleve the windows in the dining and porch area that faced south rooms had wood or metal awnings. 

        Never was a big fan of those plants, but, she really kept them spiffy. It really wasn't until maybe the 1960' or 1970's when larger tropical plants were imported cheaply from places like Central America for indoors that  interested me.  Maybe I should buy one of hose African Violets and give it a shot! They are only $1.99!

No comments:

Post a Comment