Tuesday, January 26, 2016

ONLY TWO FANS OF THIS TEAM IN DES MOINES!


      With the Super Bowl coming up soon, for a lot of us our favorite team won't be in it. At the Burg Grocery the other day I was taking a Really unofficial poll as to who everybody would be rooting for.

      My guess is that a lot of people around here will be pulling for the Denver Bronco's For no other reason it's closer, has been in the NFL longer, and probably a slight underdog. Plus for some of us we will want to see an "older" quarterback succeed.

       I am sure there are some Panther fans around these parts and more power to them. Seems like all I hear and see is talk about our regional favorites. Green Bay, Vikings, The Bears, Kansas City, or the Rams. When I was a kid my favorite pro football team was the Cleveland Browns. I liked them because of Otto Graham, the quarterback and Jim Brown, their great running back.

       When I lived in Des Moines for many years I only ran into one other fan of the Cleveland Browns. Then when the owner pulled the team out of Cleveland and they then became the Baltimore Ravens I was done with them. Now I just sit back and enjoy the action. I am leaning toward that old guy at age 39,  Peyton Manning.

No comments:

Post a Comment