Tuesday, October 20, 2015

THE ATTIC-A LITTLE SCARY TOO!


     Our attic was the size of the entire house. It was finished off with wide plank flooring, windows that looked out to the south, east, and the west. Also, of significance was the cone shaped cupola in the southeast corner with no windows. It was kind of cool, but, real dark with no windows. The little attic above the main attic had a a half moon shaped window to the east, south, and at least west. Some might have referred to it as a widow's peak. Only remember being up there once or so because you needed a step ladder to get up to here.

       The scary part about the attic was that the stairs down to the second floor were just to the side of my bedroom. At night, on occasion, I swore I could hear someone up there walking around. If they ever came down to get me I would have been a dead man because they would have blocked me off from going around to the stairs going down to the main floor. If I would have jumped over the railing and down I would have broken no less than my leg or neck!

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment