Sunday, October 4, 2015

BREAKFASTS @ GRANDPA'S/LAST DAY!


      Every time my Grandkids came up to my home in Marshalltown on Lily Lane one thing they could count on was at least one big breakfast. You know the kind. It was either homemade pancakes, French toast, or waffles along with sausages or bacon.

     It was always fun, especially for the girls to set the table with my assortment of the new Fiesta dinner ware. With all the different colors it was fun for them to choose and pick out what colors everyone wanted. Sometimes it led to disagreements, but, usually in good fun.

       The one thing it took Grandpa some time to figure out was not to have the "BIG" breakfast on Sunday and especially if the kids were packing up in the morning and getting ready to go back home. It was difficult to plan a big breakfast, and at the same time when they were really younger to make sure they had everything packed and ready to go back home.

      I learned eventually t it was best to have that special breakfast on Saturday and just stop off at Mickey D's on the way back to Des Moines or Ankeny. With 4 or 5 small grandkids and just me on occasion it was a little to stressful and I have to admit some of it was my own doing as I liked to also have the rooms picked up and kitchen cleared before leaving the house.

       Those Breakfasts despite the anxiety at times of my own doing were a very special time and especially when I had a good little helper like Paige to make sure everything was packed and all set to go out to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment