Thursday, October 22, 2015

AT LEAST KEEP A LIST OF STORIES!


      I have,  over the last ten years, put my money where my mouth is! It dawned on me one day that the one person that should start with documenting personal and family stories was me. And, besides, I love telling a story so why not just write it down!

     To date I have written close to 1,000 stories of some kind. Some have been just a few lines, but! I know lots of people never will write their stories and would be uncomfortable doing so. One thing I wish I would have done with my mother was to have least kept a list of all the stories she told-some many many times! I know I have remembered a lot of them, but, if only I would have kept a list.

       If you have lots of good stories you have passed along to family members at least keep a list of them tucked away. Even if THEY don't get to read the real deal someday they will have the reminder to get that beautiful memory started! Sometimes I do wish my mother was still around to tell me a story or two over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment