Monday, October 5, 2015

SCARY STORIES THAT AREN'T SCARY?


      I always tried to throw in a scary story at night with my grand-kids when I could. A lot of them I never really made up, but, were from old TV shows that I had seen or old movies. The kids never knew the difference.

      On one occasion, I had my grand-sons, Grant and Christian, who were staying with me in Marshalltown and we went out and stayed at the AmericInn that had the pool. It got to be time for bed and we got tucked in for the evening and Grant who was only 5 or 6 at the time slept with me and was nearest the inside wall.

       I proceeded to tell a story about The Marshalltown Blob who only came out and night and would find its way into the motel and find its way under a room door that had no lights showing! Before I could go ay further, Grant stopped me and said: "Grandpa, can you tell a scary story that's not scary?" But, then it wouldn't be a scary story? It was then lights out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment