Thursday, October 22, 2015

OTTERTAIL LAKE & STORIES ABOUT CANADA!


             I ran into a Senior guy at the Burg Grocery this past week that had on this sweatshirt-OTTERTAIL LAKE! I asked where that was located and he indicated it was in northwest Minnesota near Fargo, North Dakota. He had been going up there for years or so. Somehow we got into the fact that the only time I had done any big time fishing was with a friend that took me to Canada to fish. We caught so many big ones that it really spoiled me from ever doing much fishing in Iowa or even Minnesota.

       The fellow mentioned that he had fished a lot in Canada and "really had  many good stories to tell about fishing up there." Of course, that was right up my alley! I mentioned to him that he should write about them sometime as family, I am sure of it, would be extremely interested in reading about his adventures or at least most of them.

       It was always my goal to interview one fellow in Laurel that used to go fishing with my dad in Minnesota years ago. He died before I really got into family story writing. If you have the chance don't miss the opportunity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment