Thursday, October 8, 2015

CLAIRE'S-NEVER AGAIN!


      Have you ever had what you thought to be a really great idea and then it turns out to be the worst ever? The following was one of those that I never should have touched.

     One week-end I had all three of my grand-daughters, Ciera, Cora, and Paige, up for a visit in Marshalltown. I don't know how the idea came up, but, we all went out to the Marshalltown Center and it was decided to go into Claire's and do a little girl's shopping. They were all in that pre-ten year old stage as I recall.

     I decided to give them all an equally set amount to spend and let them go in and have at it. It didn't work out as planned. First, one was picking out something more expensive than her budget or more expensive than the other girl. Or, they wanted to trade with the other and it made the other one upset. 

      I didn't realize either how expensive some of that in-expensive "stuff" in there was. Somehow it all I worked out I guess, but, of course there is that thing about THREE people or kids not working real well to boot!  I always thought it would be cool to take a grand-daughter shopping! Maybe not three at a time either!

No comments:

Post a Comment