Friday, October 2, 2015

THAT'S NOT CHICKEN!


      When my youngest grandson, Grant, was only about six or seven he came up to stay with me in Marshalltown one weekend and it was lunch time. I decided to go to Haley's on North 3rd Avenue to get some really good broasted chicken In my opinion it is and was the best and something a little different than  McDonald's.

     When we got back to the deli part of the store, you could look down through the glass enclosure and see the various food items. When I pointed out the chicken and for Grant to decide what kind of  he wanted, he looked at it all with a puzzled look. He said, "that's not chicken!" " Yes it is" I replied and back and forth we went.

      I am not sure he ever got chicken at home and was thinking that chicken was supposed to be chicken strips or nuggets like you get at McDonald's. Of course, I said something like if you don't eat this we wouldn't go swimming later. I am not sure what he ate that day, but, I know I gave in and we went swimming. Times have and always will be changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment