Sunday, October 25, 2015

SHOOFLY PIE GAVE IT A TRY!


      Yesterday evening after we returned from Prairie City, we were invited to a birthday dinner for our friend Brandon with his mother Mary at their home in Conroy. Mary prepared a very lovely meal along with a cake that we brought along for Brandon. 

      Mary had also prepared a Shoofly Pie that really only started out as joke. Mary had prepared us several strawberry pies on ocassion and at one time I asked Brandon if he thought his mother could make a Shoofly Pie.

      The joke was on me. They had just returned from visiting family in the Amish country in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania and she brought back a few recipes for the pie, which is popular there, and gave one a try.

       I wasn't real keen on it, but, it was so nice of her to have made it and now I can say that I have at least tried Shoofly Pie!

       

No comments:

Post a Comment