Saturday, October 31, 2015

EDMUND FITZGERALD WEATHER!


        This past week we had one of those cold, windy, and rainy days that comes up and introduces us to the fall. Most people complain about and always say that it lets us know what is coming later! My first response is for us to just take one day at a time and that there will be other nice days ahead in Autumn.

      Beside, call me crazy, but, there is something about those days I kind of like. Don't get me wrong I prefer those nice crisp, sunny fall days.I guess everybody wants nice! Years ago, while traveling up the coast of Maine, I had said I wanted at least one day with a storm to experience the wrath of the ocean waves. I got my wish the first night and it was fantastic.

       I have always had a fascination with the Great Lakes and the song by Gordon Lightfoot about the  iron ore ship,"Edmund Fitzgerald" and its sinking in Lake Superior in 1975!
A few years back we had traveled up the North Shore of Lake Superior and stayed one night in Duluth. A waitress, at this restaurant just 200 yards off the lake, had told us about  a storm that caused waves to crash into cars parked close to the restaurant and that many yards from the lake.

       Maybe some day I will stay on top of weather reports and high-tail it to one the Great Lakes and experience it all from a safe distance! If there are people chasing tornado's and getting a kick, then why not a "big wave chaser!"
    

     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment