Sunday, October 18, 2015

A HAWKEYE DAY/THAT BROUGHT FOND MEMORIES!


      On September 19th, I went to the Iowa vs Pitt football game and as usual I enjoyed the beautiful fall day and the whole experience of big time college football. Again, being near Iowa City and being able to drive there and enjoy the day there is one of my lifetime pleasures.

       That week-end was no exception. The Hawks won a tough fought game, the Hawkeye express train ride was a usual treat, and  scalping a scalper out of a near 50 yard line ticket 30 rows up on the east side in section K was also a kick. $35 for $60 tickets ain't too bad!

       The section I sat in brought back good memories when I used to have season tickets with friends nearby in section R and the 21st row. This was during the Hayden Fry era when he brought exciting football back to Kinnick.

        And, even sitting there and enjoying the feel of the low afternoon fall sun in my eyes, it was a true pleasure. Go Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment