Tuesday, October 20, 2015

AGAIN, I SAY-TOO MANY FOOD CHOICES-TOO LITTLE TIME!


     A lady at the Burg Grocery the other day was looking for Fish Juice of some kind and was going to be using it for a Thai recipe. Of course, we didn't carry it and she indicated she would look for it at one of the bigger stores in Corralville or maybe New York City.

      I know it is because I am OCD with food and some guilt thrown in there. Or, you might think that somehow I am just a hay seed because I haven't tried certain types of food.Several people in my life can't understand why I don't like anything that is spicy hot! I just don't!

     On the other hand  in my lifetime I have eaten, still like, or at least have tried the likes of Escorgot, Oyster's Rockerfeller, Cornish Game Hen, Liver Patte', Pickled Herring, and Caviar. 

     Tonite I am preparing  my recipe for Cajun Shrimp Gumbo. I don't consider that fancy or that different unless you don't like shrimp. And, I don't spice it up much.

      So please don't be too critical, I have tried lots of different things in my life and just because I don't want to try too many new things at the age of 71 I am OK with it. Just let me enjoy those recipes that I am now comfortable with. I have more of them than I can eat now on a regular basis. My significant just reminded me that we haven't had Gumbo for nearly a year. It was last New Year's Eve, but, who is keeping tract! 

No comments:

Post a Comment