Friday, July 8, 2016

WINDOW CLEANING TIPS-KEEP IT SIMPLE!


        I am always being asked what I use in my water when cleaning windows. People are usually surprised when they learn that all I use is a few drops of DAWN dish soap. Some people will ask if I have ever tried ammonia, vinegar, or the one that makes me start laughing is "old newspapers!"
Newspapers are OK if you want print all over your windows.

        If you really want to do a professional job on your windows get yourself a squeegee, and a sponge with nylon netting like you see at the gas station to get bugs off your windshield. With the squeegee you get a good up and down motion and no round and around motion. If you are using something like Windex don't. Two of the best products are Sparkle and Cinch. They will leave no film. And, it is an absolute must to keep your paper towels as dry as possible. Don't skimp!

        Years ago, I read where if you only had one product to do all your cleaning it would be Dawn. Palmolive or the cheap brands from Dollar stores won't cut it. If it is mild enough to clean off baby ducks from oil slicks then it is OK. 

         Years ago, I overheard two young men talking at lunch in Des Moines who worked for the largest window cleaning company in that city. I  thought they would give me some complex answer. The answer was simple-Dawn!

        

No comments:

Post a Comment