Sunday, July 10, 2016

COUNTY FAIR ON BUCKET LIST!


       This coming Wednesday, 7/13/2016, the Iowa County Fair in Marengo will begin. This may not sound like something that one be on anyone's Bucket List, but, you're not dealing with a normal kind of guy! Right?

        The last time I have attended a County Fair was when I was a young kid at the Marshall County Fair in Marshalltown and showing cattle for 4-H. My intentions are to just take a day off and attempt to see as much of what still makes small county fairs worth attending- cattle judging, horse shows, cow pie throwing contests, (if any) and anything else I can find. The key will be to just relax and seek it out and observe. 

        I know that the county fairs aren't what they used to be or maybe it it just my perception. I also know that not all county fairs are the same. I very seldom miss the Iowa State Fair as I truly believe it has to be one of the Best Fairs in the USA. Hopefully it will be fun to experience a fair at it's roots!

No comments:

Post a Comment