Sunday, July 24, 2016

"THE MARCHING BAND ON STEROIDS" FROM AUSTIN, TEXAS


       I just ordered my ticket to go see the 150 member Genesis Drum and Bugle Corp of Austin, Texas who will be performing at the Tournament of Drums on July 29, 7pm at Kingston Stadium in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

      They performed or actually rehearsed here in Williamsburg a few weeks ago while traveling through. I saw their buses parked at the high school parking lot just across the street from where I live, but, didn't realize at the time who they were. Someone at the Burg Grocery saw them and said how unbelievable they were.

       I can't wait! When I go to a Hawkeye football game at Kinnick Stadium, I never miss the Iowa Hawkeye Marching band drum section perform at the SW corner of the stadium about an hour prior to the game. They make your hair stand up! What will this group next Friday night do from Texas? Well if it's time to go it's time to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment