Thursday, July 21, 2016

ICE COLD BEER WOULD HIT THE SPOT!


       Even though I have not had a drop of alcohol in over 22 years, one fond memory popped into my head yesterday at the Burg Grocery while a customer checked out a cold six pack of beer and, of course, with the extremely heat wave expected the remainder of this week.

       I was with my cousin, Alan, and we were in the "shop" at my Grandpa's place. We were not very old at the time. It was a very hot summer day and we got into the refrigerator in the shop that was always kept stocked with all kinds of beverages. 

     On this occasion we decided to try a cold Pabst Blue Ribbon. We found a "church key," and opened that can. Boy, did it taste good. Maybe it would have worked out better if wouldn't have tasted so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment