Monday, July 11, 2016

KEEPING THINGS AROUND ME UPDATED!


         When I was a kid it seemed that when visiting older relatives their decorating and furnishings in their homes seemed really old, ancient even, and generally had a certain odor. I know those times were different, but, for some reason it stuck with me as I got older. There were lots of things that I said I wouldn't do or fall into as I got "older."

         Even though my home is decorated in an Eclectic mode, I do try to keep it looking fresh, clean, and not with the appearance of being outdated. Even with a sprinkling of antiques, they are in good shape and, I believe, are good conversation pieces. I even bought a couple of new kitchen dish towels recently that are a red pin-strip. I always try to buy and incorporate a new item here and there fairly frequently. No excuse just because I am a guy, either.

        I guess my point is that I don't want one of my grand-kid's to think that Grandpa is getting old and his place looks old, dirty, and smells bad. No sir. It's not going to happen on my watch if I can help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment