Sunday, July 10, 2016

VISIT W/ BOB & JERRY & ATE MY CAKE TOO!


       Yesterday afternoon, Saturday 7/9/2016,  I headed to Des Moines on an important mission to see and visit with two friends that I go back to Kindergarten with-Bob Baker and Jerry Roberts. 

       First, I drove to Norwalk where Bob lives. Despite the fact that Bob suffered from a stroke years ago and has some difficulty in speaking, we had no problem in reminiscing about old times at Laurel High. Bob was an important part of our outstanding football team during our high school years. 

       After a time flying three hours, I headed back toward Des Mones and stopped at one the best neighborhood Italian eateries-Bodenaro's on the southside of Des Moines @ SW 9th St. and Army Post Road. It has been there since the 1970's and it has that old Italian feel complete with the "Italian" photo's on the walls and a little backroom music with the likes of Dean Martin.  Their very thin New York Style pizza is one of the best in town. 

       From there I went to visit Jerry and Judy Roberts in Urbandale.  Again, Jerry and I also go back to Kindergarten at Laurel. Jerry had surgery lately and has been successfully on the mend. Then, I visit`ed my daughter, La Risa, who works at Mama Lacona's Restaurant on the edge of Urbandale. You guessed it. While there I had a cup of coffee and a delicious piece of dark and rich chocolate cake. In my case during the trip, I had lots of CAKE and I got to eat it too! Then, back to the Burg with a little Steely Dan sharing the ride home.


       

No comments:

Post a Comment