Sunday, July 10, 2016

DOWNSIZING ALL MY LIFE!


        About once or twice a year I go on a "downsizing jag!" It's another thing I can blame on my mother. She was always cleaning and throwing away anything she thought we didn't need including all my old comic books! You too! I digress.

         I am the complete opposite, almost, of a "hoarder." Some might say more ACD. I might agree. Most of my life I have been downsizing due to one fact. I have probably moved at least a couple of dozen times in my lifetime and that is just a guess. Each time you move you get rid of some things. If you don't you have a real problem. 

       Lately, I have been doing my semi-annual compacting of what I call my most important personal property that I possess. "Memorabilia." I am down to about 10 plastic tots that include things that are important to me like everything from items that were  my mother's, grandmother's, and /or other family members from ago including many items of importance of mine in my lifetime to me and documenting when needed. 

        For most people and family members that I have known, it has been a difficult task to down-size and decide what should "go" and what to keep. For me, it has not been that difficult, and it is something I feel is of some importance to assist those in charge some day of dealing with all. At least someday someone will say, "At least he was fairly neat!"

        

No comments:

Post a Comment