Saturday, July 30, 2016

VERY INTERESTING AREA TO SAY THE LEAST!


       One thing I have always noticed since moving into this area is the following. The town Frytown sounds like, to me, a nick-name for a town like Swingtown in the old rock hit by The Steve Miller Band. There is a stretch of road called the Black Diamond Road and heading down to Frytown you take the Orval Yoder Turnpike. Why call a two lane paved road out in the middle of nowhere a Turnpike?

       It was like years ago living in West Des Moines and not knowing why the street my office was on was called E. P.True Parkway. Because E. P.True was a city councilman at one time. I knew I was getting closer to Kalona as I was dodging horse "droppings" along the way. And, just north of Kalona I must have seen at least 3 or 4 horse and buggy rigs being driven by Amish or Mennonite folks. It beats just driving boring old I-80!

No comments:

Post a Comment