Sunday, July 17, 2016

WANNA BE STORM CHASER-SORT OF!


       I have always been fascinated by the story of the Edmund Fitzgerald and its sinking during a huge storm back in the 1970's on Lake Superior. The song by Gordon Lightfoot and the Documentary done on the story years ago on PBS have stuck with me still to this day. 

        A few years ago, after coming back along the North Shore Drive and staying the night in Duluth the idea hatched. A waitress mentioned that one time during a big storm waves came in at least 50 yards into a parking area and drenched the autos.

       That is something I want to experience. Somehow I just need to "keep an eye" on the weather in the area during late October and November and get up there to experience those huge waves. I have always found a fascination with huge waves as opposed to gentle little waves in the likes of the Gulf. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment