Monday, July 4, 2016

SUMMERTIMES AGO/THE RUSSIANS WOULDN'T FIND ME!


       Did other farm kids have hideouts where they lived? Probably, but, I never asked. All I know mine was the coolest-the best! There were other areas that I could hide out for a while and/or play. Examples were the old cave( capped off basement from removed house) by our house, the area above our detached garage, balconies of the barn, and the deep crevice creek in northwest corner of farm.
     
      My top secret hide-out could never be found. Which was good, but, could have been bad. Not even the entire Russian Army our big enemy back in the 1950's. The quarter mile south of our farm house was where the road started that went the one mile west over to highway 14. Just about 50-100 yards from the corner  under this road was a square concrete culvert( maybe 2.5 feet by 2.5 feet) that ran under the road. Water drain-off from our farm ran through this culvert and dropped down into a small creek on the adjoining farm. 

      With water running through on occasion, it was like a miniature waterfall. Kinda cool. Disappointed? Well, I don't care. It was my own hide-out. Believe me, they would have never found me not in a million years!


      

No comments:

Post a Comment