Tuesday, July 19, 2016

MY ELECTRIC KNIFE & SWEET CORN!


       It's that time of year once again. This Thursday I will be driving up to Marshalltown and one important thing on my agenda is stopping at Long's Sweet Corn Stand on south Center Street and will probably purchase a few dozen ears to not only eat every night of the week, but, to also freeze. 

       Sweet corn is one food that in 72 years I have never been tired of eating. Never. The only thing stopping me from eating more than 2 or three ears at one setting is that I simply can't eat no more!Some of us like getting our corn from Grimes, some Humphrey's, but, I have always felt Long's was the best. 

      The last time I cut it off the cob and froze some was a few years ago while living in Marshalltown. One thing I will enjoy is getting out my electric knife and "going to town   with it. It's the one time I will feel like the Tool Man from the old TV show Home Improvement. Ugh! Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment