Sunday, July 5, 2015

YOU KNOW YOU ARE GETTING OLDER WHEN-----!


     The other day someone mentioned that one of their kids, who lived in the Des Moines area, didn't have much wind damage after a recent storm. Their trees were not damaged because they were so small due to the fact they lived in a newer development.

      It reminded me that not long ago, I was out on 22nd street in West Des Moines heading south and getting ready to turn left on to the freeway. Looking south and into the residential area that lines that part of 22nd street, it was like looking at a very unfamiliar area. An area that I had never seen. Strange!

      Not having lived in West  Des Moines area for quite a few years, there was one thing that had changed and was why it looked strange. The trees had all matured. When I was in my early 20's and first lived in the area, that part of West Des Moines was just being developed. I am talking about the 1960's for crying out load. Where did all that time go!

No comments:

Post a Comment