Tuesday, July 21, 2015

MY 1st SHOT AT HOMEMADE FROSTING!


      Here is your chance to laugh at me again, but, oh well! The other day I was looking for some chocolate frosting in the grocery store to put on a yellow cake I wanted to make. One reason I love to make a yellow cake is it has the "best" smell of all the cakes. I digress.

     There weren't any frostings of any brand on sale which was unusual. I have to keep up with these frugal Germans down here, you know! The lady who works that isle suggested I make it from scratch and told me how! That simple, hey! I had never done that as my friend Betty Crocker  usually did it for me.

      I had all the ingredients and away we would go. One problem though. I think I added too much milk and too quickly or who knows with the powdered sugar. I kept adding powdered sugar until I ran out of it. Oh, Oh! I decided to pour it all over the cake anyway.

      Ilah commented that she really did like the flavor of the frosting even though it was on the thin side and all over and under the cake. Really! She told me that it was the best upside down yellow cake with chocolate frosting ever. Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment