Thursday, July 16, 2015

GIOVANNI'S PIZZERIA!


     This past week some family members and I drove to Newton for a little pizza pie at Giovanni"s  located on old east highway 6. I hadn't been there in a few years since being introduced to the place by Bob and Sandi Baker, friends and classmate from Laurel.

      All I can say is that I was not disappointed. I ordered an Italian sausage pizza and an order of onion rings. The onion rings I have had a little better, but, these cut small home made rings were very good. The pizza, made with a combination of provolone and mozzarella cheese was as delicious as a I remember.

     As a matter of fact, based on the sausage pizza, I would rank it ahead of Zeno's  in Marshalltown and our home town Pizza Haus in Williamsburg. Newton should feel fortunate in having such a great icon eatery like Giovanni's.  If you back for a visit in central Iowa and want some Italian, consider a stop in Newton.  

No comments:

Post a Comment