Thursday, July 9, 2015

DON'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR OR DO YOU?


      Through the years, I have always maintained that I enjoy eating the original Kraft macaroni and cheese more than any home made mac & cheese! It goes way back to the 1960's when we got them mainly for the kids and the were so easy to prepare.

      This past year, I have made another new food discovery. Please don't laugh at me, again! I know that Maruchan Ramen noodle soup has been around for a long time. But, I didn't really pay attention to it until I started working at the grocery store.

      For some reason, I decided to give them a try and really loved the taste. And, on sale you can get 4 for a dollar. Is that cheap or what! You said you wouldn't laugh at me!

     Well, the other day, I made a double creamy chicken and jazzed it up with a little celery, carrot slivers, sliced red pepper, green onion, one cut up cooked chicken breast, and a can of sliced water chestnuts for a little crunch. Wow! I think this will make at least a monthly or so menu rotation at this household.

No comments:

Post a Comment