Friday, July 3, 2015

WHAT'S THE FUSS-IT'S A GIFT!


     In this day and age, we all seem to get hung up on political correctness about almost everything. Sports commentators are always referring to an African American's abilities as "he has great athleticism."  

     My contention is , no matter the subject or situation, what if we use the phrase "gift." The athlete has a gift. My late brother-in-law, Clyde Eddy, had a gift. He was an extremely good auto mechanic. One of the best in Central Iowa. My gift is the gift of "gab." It's not a big gift, but, it has helped me in many ways throughout my lifetime. It has also gotten me in hot water on occasion.

      Instead of trying to always sidestep the issue just say they, whomever they are, had a "gift" an move on. I finally convinced some family members to quit always saying that they "hate' certain things. Instead, say that you are not a "fan" of whatever! Try it you will like it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment