Thursday, July 16, 2015

YOU CAN CALL ME DENNIS!


     Most of us have learned or know about repeating someone's name to better remember it as a sales technique or to just improve the memory. I have always been turned off by that when someone is repeatedly using my name over and over.

      Here is an exception. This past week-end, my grand-daughter, Jenna, stayed over night and the following morning we went outside and made a bucket of "bubbles." She calls me Dennis and I won't get into the long explanation why at this time. But, while doing bubbles, she was constantly saying things like; "Dennis isn't that a big one or Dennis isn't that a pretty one or Dennis this or Dennis that!" 

     She probably said my name 50 times that morning. I never got tired of it and only brought a smile to me. What grandkids do to us or for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment