Sunday, February 4, 2018

USUALLY FOR UNDERDOG BUT NOT AGAINIST PATS!


      With the Super Bowl approaching, it looks like the majority of Americans that are football fans will be rooting for the Eagles. It's understandable. The Patriot's have dominated the Super Bowl and Championships far too long. It's like the New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys or Boston Celtics. 

        I too have always been there for an underdog--Cubs, Cleveland Browns and back in the 1960's through most of the 1970's the Iowa Hawkeyes! My best friend in high-school, Rick Patterson, was a type of underdog.

       But, for some reason I'm hanging in there with the New England Patriots and Tom Brady. They are and have been the best for years-no doubt! Brady is like watching the best ballet dancer on stage. Their passing plays should be copied by most all college teams--you hear that Hawkeyes!

         If you really want to know the truth some of my logic for this game comes from the fact that I never have had a connection to Philadelphia in travel or sports. I never ever rooted for the Phillies, or 76'rs. Besides, years ago after traveling up into New England and the beautiful Maine Coast, how could I not love the New England Patriots! 

No comments:

Post a Comment