Saturday, February 3, 2018

A LETTER FROM MY MOM TO HER NEWBORN SON!


       The following are parts of two hand written pages that my mother, Doris May Smith Laverty Korte, wrote at one time about the advent of my birth and her observations later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        On January 27,1944 I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy after 23 hours of labor--the second Laverty boy in the 3rd generation of living descendants. From the time your dad and I knew about you I said you were going to be a boy. 

        You were on the move constantly and even then a lot of my nights were sleepless because  of your moving and kicking. At three months of pregnancy I had to have my *appendix* out but you were stubborn and hung on hard and so did I.

       At eleven o'clock the night before you were born the pains began and then you arrived the next night at 10:30 P.M. after hours of struggle for you and I. The Dr. said how did you know you were carrying a son. My answer was because I prayed for a son.

        He was a perfect baby, a good baby, lovable and happy. He grew to be kind, smart, peppy, and a joy to all who knew him. If he were ever naughty he accepted discipline in the manner it was intended. He was never spanked but a little chair provided the proper treatment after 15 minutes.  

       He was an adoring little brother to Doris and a very protective big brother to Deborah.  In your illness I was there, your school day achievements I was there, music-football. baseball, plays, and all the things in between I was there. Sometimes, I'm sure you were probably embarrassed, but I was there. 


        

       

No comments:

Post a Comment