Saturday, February 24, 2018

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE!



         Yesterday, 2/23/2017, I stopped at the "Lucky 6 Lanes" in Marengo for a light lunch. This little place just off Highway 6 on the south edge of town is a comfort food gem. I didn't want much as I never like to spoil my evening meal appetite.

           I just sat up to the counter, grabbed a newspaper and gave my order. I opted for a plain hamburger with onion. Instead of the normal fries, didn't need for my waistline, but, chose a side garden salad with French and blue cheese dressing along with my big glass of water.

         The burgers there are done on a flat top grill along with maybe 30 seconds of browning the bun for a little color and firmness. That burger was a thing from the "past" and with a little ketchup, I was all set. And, the blue cheese dressing had those yummy chunks and I don't know the brand, but, the French was extra tasty, zesty, and rich. 

         The older I get, it seems, I truly "savor" these simple, easy, comfort food meals. Don't get me wrong, I love to make my way around the kitchen and try new concoctions. But, yesterday was oh so-o-o- good!  

          

No comments:

Post a Comment