Saturday, February 3, 2018

1ST BIG JOB/WING IT--continued!


----------coninued

            After spending hours mulling how to do all the pre-cleaning to each room and all the common areas concerning techniques and methods, I finally came up with a bid dollar amount and haded it in to the "Ring."

       I did make it clear to the Contractor that if once something was clean and then another "Sub" came along and made a mess of some kind that I would charge Extra! That was the smartest thing I did and it was also profitable that I stuck to it. 

         Because there were so many rooms and my whole crew was strung out in different rooms, it could get frustrating or confusing where everyone was little lone myself. At one time, I heard an employee let out this horrible scream. She had forgotten which room she had left her soft drink and was frustrated. I just advised everyone to simply set their stuff outside the door to a room that they were working on and they would keep an eye on personal belongings better.

       It took about a short two weeks to complete our cleaning and the Contractor was extremely pleased with our work and it turned out to be very profitable for me. As a matter of fact, the Contractor wanted me to go on the road and work for his Company full time. They were working for the Assisted Living Customer, who was a Chain and was going to build in several cities throughout the` Midwest USA. 

        Although it was a very pleasant compliment to myself and crew, I turned down the offer as I was just starting my business in the Marshalltown area and was not anxious to live the life of a Gypsy for a couple of years or so.  Looking back, It was a fun and rewarding experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment