Saturday, February 10, 2018

STARTED W/ HUMOR--ENDED SAD!



         At one time in the early 2000's, I cleaned for an elderly lady whom I care for just like a close aunt. One day she started to tell me the story about when she arrived in Marshalltown, Iowa as a young lady, she worked for this certain prominent family on the north side of town.

          About 15 or 20 minutes later she started to tell the same story and I thought maybe she was going to tell it with a different twist of some kind. Nope. It was the same story to a T. It then happened for the third time and exactly the same. 

        I knew something terrible had just happened and called her daughter. Within the week, the lady was in a local nursing home and I believe she had a mild stroke. I felt so bad because I always looked forward to our visit while working!

No comments:

Post a Comment