Tuesday, February 6, 2018

IF ONLY I KNEW MORE--DAD"S STORIES!


      Just this past week, I posted a couple of old newspaper clips from the 1940's which told of my dad, his brother, and friends attended sporting events. These notices only emphasize the importance to me about passing along stories in writing from family, friends,and loved ones.

       Yes, it is nice to see that they attended such happenings and it is neat that we have saved them for future generations. But, it would be very special to actually have read some of these events in the hand writing of, for example, my dad! The good news is that these examples are reasons that encouraged me to write my personal stories.

       There are two-fold reasons why writing personal and family related stories are important. With social media of today those with an interest can enjoy some of the stories. And, it is special knowing that there are those far into the future that will read these short stories and be amazed by some of what went on "way back" in 2018 and even further back into the 1900's!

          

No comments:

Post a Comment