Thursday, December 31, 2015

LAST MINUTE DE-ICER & OFF TO PARADISE!


       This past week I have been talking to a few people headed to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl and our Iowa Hawkeyes. Hopefully everyone will ge there safely and without incident.

      It did remind me of the first time flying to Maui for my 60th birthday. The weather forecast was for some really nasty stuff the morning we were to leave. Mt suggestion was to drive from Marshalltown to Des Moines and stay at a motel near the airport just in case the weather was bad and we might at least have problems driving down to Des Moines. 

       As it turned out it was a good decision. The flight was out real early in the A.M. and I remember watching them de-ice the plane from my seat inside the plane.  We sailed down the runway and we were off to Paradise. The weather only went from bad to worse in Iowa right after that. That's what you call a great feeling at other's expense! 

No comments:

Post a Comment