Tuesday, December 1, 2015

WHO NEEDS CRANBERRY! HE DID!


      Years ago right out of college in the 1960's and living at our first apartment at 7705 Dennis Dr. in Urbandale, we became good friends to a couple that lived just across the street by the name of Chuck and Royce Brown.

       For some reason, we had a Thanksgiving dinner at their home one year. Everything was going really well up to dinner time when Chuck realized there was no cranberry. He really went off about it and had what I would call a major fit!

    Somehow we found some cranberry at a grocery store that was open or a convenience store. And, what seemed funny to me at the time was it was the type in a can and it plops out in a cylinder and then you slice it and serve just like that. 

      I guess it was hard for me to comprehend as I never have really cared for it. A cranberry salad, maybe, but not out of a can!

       

       

No comments:

Post a Comment